Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Sleepover - 30th October

After a hectic pack meeting, the cubs settled down to some gruesome Monster Munches!
Easy to make 'creepy cuisine', these monster munches are just 2 meat balls for eyes, 2 slices of gherkins and 2 slices of black olives. Smother with Tomato Sauce!

During the screening of the movie, (we watched UP) the cubs were handed some Halloween pop corn and marshmallows.

... and there was plenty of "hot stuff" to drink.

They each received a bat mask as well.

Looking good!

We had prepared all the bottles so all the cubs had to do was stick on the face that they wanted.

.... and put the holder on....

They could also put 'hair' on the top if desired.
I got some ric-rac in black - but one could use anything from strips of paper to ribbon.

Finished at last!

... and don't they look good in the dark!

All we did was put a torch inside of them.

We did have a special visitor who came flying in on her broomstick - oh dear! she must have misplaced her broomstick, as I see this is a garden rake!

The movie was wonderful.

It rained pretty hard whilst we were watching the DVD so the sound was not too great (we have a tin roof!)... but afterwards the cubs were treated to delicious cup cakes...

... with hot chocolate.

The cubs each received a marshmallow on a stick to dip in their hot chocolate!
We went to bed around 10h30 .... but we all know what cubs are like!
The boys were in the adjoining hall and we stayed with the girls in our hall. They sat around telling ghost stories! .... but by 11pm all was quiet!

I got up at 5:30am, dressed and wandered down to the dam.
This is the sight that greeted me.
Some ducks floating around, icy, chilly winds and overcast skies..... but luckerly, no rain.

Rise and Shine was about 6pm when we all cleaned up.
Afterwhich we had breakfast.

Our delicious yogi drinks were donated by FIRST DAIRIES - and these are truly scrumpious.
If anyone is interested in finding our more, please contact Henry on (011)965-1952 - 86 Leopard Road, Zesfontein.

We cut off the witch's fingers as she flew by, and the cubs enjoyed them for breakfast!
(together with some muffins)

One of the little cubs came up to me on Saturday morning and said "Akela, this was my bestest day ever"..... and this just make all the hard work worthwhile!

Till next Time
Keep Cubbing
Akela Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment